Seth Godin's Value Creation Master Class
What you'll learn
- Use guiding questions to design and build projects that create significant value for the people they seek to serve
- Discover useful shortcuts by avoiding false starts and expensive pitfalls as they grow
- It's not expected that you've read Seth's books or blogs, but you will need to commit to actually completing the workbook and writing down some hard truths (and then doing it again, if necessary).
- After you finish the course, please pay it forward by teaching this material to someone else…
A new course from one of Udemy's most popular teachers.
Are you ready to take your work to a new level?
This project you’re working on, the new business or offering, what sort of value does it create?
This is a loaded question but a vital one. That's our work. It's what we do: we build organizations and projects that create value. No value, no project. Understanding the levers of value creation gives you a significant unfair advantage.
This is a master class for leaders, marketers, managers and freelancers. It includes a 35-page workbook and a series of direct, useful conversations that are guaranteed to change the way you approach your work.
What we’re seeking here isn’t a fancy elevator pitch or a carefully compressed mission statement. Instead, the challenge is to describe (without regard in any way for how you benefit, or for how your organization profits), precisely what’s in it for the user, the customer, the people you seek to serve.
Seth Godin is one of the most popular bloggers in the world, the guy American Way Magazine called, “America’s Greatest Marketer.” He’s written 18 bestselling books, started successful companies, but mostly, he’s a teacher.
In his first ever Master Class, Godin doesn’t waste time with entertainment. Instead, he’s put together a focused, useful course and a significant workbook, all designed to help you produce more value in less time.
Watch the videos, do the workbook, engage with your fellow students and then repeat the process. After a few cycles, you will begin to see things you’ve never realized were important.
Go make a difference. This course will help make that possible.
Who this course is for:
- This is a Master Class, designed for people who are ready to leap.
- The course is not designed to be something you merely watch and walk away from. It includes a workbook that you should print out and complete in order to get the most out of the course.
- There is no requirement for any technical skill, nor do you need a degree in marketing. However, this course assumes that you are familiar with basic marketing concepts.
- It helps if you have an existing project or a new idea you wish to incubate throughout this course. This course focuses on shaping your larger business idea—not on the details of drafting a budget or how to pitch to investors.
- It truly helps if you care about actually engaging with your customers.
World-renowned entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker
More than 100,000 students online...
Seth is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker who knows what it takes to succeed in business and to be your own boss. In addition to launching one of the most popular blogs in the world, he has written 20 best-selling books, including The Dip, Linchpin, Purple Cow, Tribes, and What To Do When It's Your Turn (And It's Always Your Turn).
The penultimate one is called THIS IS MARKETING and it's been a #1 bestseller in its category in the USA, Italy and Korea. And out in late 2020 is THE PRACTICE. Find out more at seths.blog/ThePractice
Though renowned for his writing and speaking, Seth also founded two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne (acquired by Yahoo!). This real-world entrepreneurial experience is what makes him the ideal teacher for those who wish to forge their own career path.
By focusing on everything from effective marketing and leadership, to the spread of ideas and changing everything, Seth has been able to motivate and inspire countless people around the world.
In 2013, Seth was one of just three professionals inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame. In 2018, he was inducted in the plain old Marketing Hall of Fame. He might be the only person in both... Now he has joined the talented instructors on Udemy to share his wealth of knowledge and experience with those who are ready to start a freelancing career or enhance an existing one.