Effective Business English for Service Staff
What you'll learn
- organise meetings - send invitations, contact participants, write the agenda and take the Minutes
- meet and greet guests to your company, and engage in small talk
- understand and use English business jargon - both written and spoken
- describe your products and services, and engage in simple sales conversations with potential customers
- You should already be familiar with English (CEF A2 level), and ideally be working in an office or administrative environment.
- You will ideally have access to a printer, as many lectures are accompanied by worksheets which are best printed and filled in. These worksheets support the learning in the lectures.
Do you organise in English-language meetings? Take phone calls from English-speaking clients? Need to send English emails? Attend trade fairs where English is spoken?
And is English your second language?
This course is for non-native English speakers needing frontline skills in:
- planning meetings
- preparing meeting agendas and writing the minutes
- taking phone calls and messages
- greeting visitors to the company
- sending English emails about your company, products or services
- talking to clients or potential customers
So if you work in administration or sales, and if you have lower-intermediate or intermediate English language skills then this course is for you!
I'm a professional, qualified and experienced English trainer with over 9 years' experience teaching business English to companies and individuals here in Germany. I base my training on many years' experience working in the public and private sectors in Australia, and believe that learning by doing is the most effective way.
In this course you'll listen, watch, read, write and produce your own meeting Invitations, Agendas, Minutes and more! You'll hear phone calls, take messages, write about your products and services.
And - you'll have direct contact with me, your teacher, and I'll work with you every step of the way.
By the end of this course you will be a confident and effective communicator in Business English!
Who this course is for:
- This Business English course is for non-native English speakers with a pre-intermediate / intermediate level of English.
- This course is probably not for advanced speakers of English, as it covers business topics at an intermediate level.
- As this course has sections focused on the differences and similarities between German and English-speaking business cultures, it may not be relevant or interesting to learners outside those contexts.
I offer two distinct types of courses: for instructional designers and ESL professionals, and for English learners.
For Instructional Designers and ESL Professionals - I want to show you how to build a successful career as a trainer by helping you focus on both the profession and the possibilities generated by implementing instructional design principles and observing best practice business management.
Why? Because I love being a successful business owner, I love being a trainer. And I want to share this passion and enthusiasm with you, help you solve training problems and build a successful career.
For English Learners - capitalise on my 11 years’ experience training business professionals in effective communication skills, and find out why my clients keep coming back for more!
So, who am I? I'm an Australian business skills and language trainer based in Germany since early 2006, and my professional background is originally in the Australian private and public sectors. I combine this business and policy background with a passion for providing interesting, engaging and enjoyable training programs.
Through my company, O'Connell Advanced Training Solutions, I provide advanced coaching and development in more effective business English communication, delivered through competency-based, customised, individual or small group training programs.
My clients include multi-national corporations, medium-sized enterprises and individuals.
I look forward to seeing you in my courses and to helping you be the best trainer you can be.
You can contact me for workshops or customised face-to-face training solutions.
UND JETZT AUF DEUTSCH:
Seit 2006 arbeite ich als freiberuflicher Sprachtrainer in Deutschland. Mit meinem Unternehmen O’Connell Advanced Training Solutions arbeite ich für Privat-Personen sowie Studenten aus verschiedensten Unternehmen und Industriezweigen, um Englisch-Kenntnisse effektiv zu verbessern und interkulturelle Besonderheiten zu vermitteln.
Der Fokus meines Trainings liegt auf kompetentem, individualisiertem Unterricht mit starker Erfolgsorientierung. Praxisnähe, moderne Lehrmethoden und engagierter und unterhaltsamer Unterricht machen das Lernen bei mir einfacher und schneller.
Je nach Situation kann der Unterricht für Einzel-Personen oder kleine Gruppen, als persönliches Training oder als Online-Lesson organisiert werden.
Gerne helfe ich Dir, Dein Englisch zu verbessern! Kontaktiere mich einfach, und gemeinsam finden wir den besten Weg zum “Englisch-Profi”.