Communicate for Business: Write, Email, Close the Loop
What you'll learn
- Choose words for their precision and ability to engage your target audience
- Focus on your message to determine grammatical choices.
- Tailor your emails based on your purpose and recipient.
- Create a plan that supports your change initiative.
- You will need internet access. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari and preferred browsers to open links to interactive lessons.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat to download PDFs.
Clear communication isn't always as easy as it sounds. This course will help you express your ideas in traditional genres as well as digitally. You'll also learn how to communicate to create lasting change in your organization: successfully engage the people who have to respond to the initiative.
Course 1: Write for Business & To Be Understood
Write for your busy readers by following best practices to craft clear & concise documents.
- Hit the Right tone
- Choose the Best Words
- Organize for Understanding
Course 2: Write Effective emails
Your email messages say more than you think; write your way to the top with effective emails.
- Construct your Communication
- Protect Your Image
- Correct Common Errors
Course 3: Close the Communication Loop
Design a communication plan that makes sure your change initiative gets put into action.
- Conduct a Needs Analysis
- Design Your Communications Strategy
- Craft Your Content
- Engage Others
Developed by instructors who write professionally, this three course bundle covers everything from practical tips for pesky grammar rules to guidelines for connecting with your audience. Each component is designed to be completed in short time allotments, or all at once, to suit your schedule. It will take approximately 1 hour to complete the entire bundle.
Who this course is for:
- Unsure of yourself when it comes to writing? This course is for you! It’s got lots of practical advice and common sense that will put you at ease.
- Confident in your verbal skills but new to the requirements of business writing? Learn how to adapt what you already know for business.
- Leaders responsible for change management and looking for communication strategies to make sure the change sticks.
Let's face it - a lot of elearning out there is downright boring. The truth is, everyone wants the skills they need to do their jobs well. That's where Eleventure comes in. It's critical, on-the-job skills people need. It's fast. It's fresh. It's action based & it's designed and developed by award winning and veteran author, presenter & trainer, Megan Torrance of TorranceLearning.
Megan brings over a decade of business consulting and project management experience to her instructional design and development work. She teaches LLAMA (Agile project management) and instructional design classes, kicks off new design projects and makes sure everyone's having a good time. Elearning guru by day, and ice hockey goaltender by night, Megan is devoted to not only delivering outstanding work, but also creating a top-notch work environment based on trust, flexibility, compassion, and fun. Megan and her team have developed elearning for a variety of industries and topics including food ingredients, industrial chemicals, medical, non-profit, human resources, sales, marketing, and IT. Megan holds a BS in Communications with an emphasis on Organizational Communication and Public Relations, and an MBA, both from Cornell University.
TorranceLearning's instructional design processes are designed to quickly focus on the desired performance and learning objectives, then make the most of visual and verbal techniques to take full advantage of the learning opportunity.